2009年12月16日水曜日

Essay 2-03b: Language Learning Stories

English is important for us to communicate with foreigner and to get a job in the future. I think English will need for me from now on because there are many opportunities to talk with foreigner so I will continue study English. I will write more detail now. I major in English at university now, so I am learning English almost everyday. I have been learning English since I was an elementary school student. When I was an elementary school student, I learned alphabet, easy words, English songs and so on. Then I learned more, when I was a junior and high school student. At university, I am learning writing, speaking, listening and reading now. Then I study about many things which are related to English except regular English classes.


I have started to learn English, when I was forth grade of elementary school. I went to the YMCA and GEOS. Teachers taught us easy words, English songs and conversation by using easy textbooks, playing games and singing songs. It was very fun for me to learn English with them. And I studied a little difficult grammar at GEOS, too.

When I entered junior high school, in earnest I studied grammar, conversation, words, listening and idioms by using textbook and American songs. Then ALT class started. We communicated with ALT’s teacher in this class, so I could speak English. I practiced how to pronounce, too.


When I was a high school student, I studied English very hard. I studied with many difficult textbooks. There were many difficult words and idioms that I could not understand or memorize, but I wrote them again and again. I memorized words, idioms and grammar by writing many times. High school English was more difficult than I have expected. I took English class three or four times a day, when I was third grade, so I cold study many English words, idioms and grammar. I studied English certificate examination, too. I asked ALT teacher to teach me about interviews during lunch time.

As I was a first grade at university, I studied writing, speaking, grammar, listening and reading by using both computers and textbooks. These learning ways were differ from before when I was a high school student. I learned German, too. I took German class because I thought German was easy to study. In German class, teacher taught us how to pronounce and then we read sentences and did dictation.

Now I am study writing, reading, speaking and listening. These classes are more difficult then a fist grade. In reading class, we use English newspapers and then we study how to read headlines. It is new because I have not read English newspapers until now and I was not interested in it!! In writing class, we use computers and write essays and book reviews. I can type English sentences faster than before. In speaking class, we do presentations, interviews and dictations.

Except these regular classes, I am studying TOEIC, English certificate examination and English sightseeing examination by myself. When there are many words or idioms that I can not understand, I examine with my dictionary then and write until I can memorize. Then when I watch DVDs and movies, I watch them with captions. I think watching DVDs and movies with captions is a good way to study English expressions.

I will continue study English from now on. Because there are many opportunities to communicate with foreigner. I also want to get a job related to English, for example, in the hotel or travel industry. So I need English. But after I graduate from university, I won’t take classes. However I will study English by reading English newspapers, watching DVDs and internet and I will find English conversation school and go there!!


In these ways, I had studied English or will continue study it. In the past, I studied from basic words, grammar and conversation to difficult English. Now I am learning specialty English. Then I think I want to study English conversation in the future!!
(672words)

0 件のコメント: