2009年12月2日水曜日

Essay 2-3a: Language Learning stories

I major in English at university now so I am learning English almost everyday. I have been learning English since I was an elementary school student. When I was an elementary school student, I learned alphabet, easy words, English songs and so on. Then I learned grammar, English conversation, words and idioms, when I was a junior and high school student. At university, I am learning writing, speaking, listening and reading now. Then I study about many things which are related to English except regular English classes. For example I study TOEIC, English daily conversation and examination of English. English is important for us to communicate with foreign people and to get a job in the future. I think English will need for us from now on because there are many opportunities to talk with foreign people so I will continue study English. I will write more detail from now.


I have started to learning English, when I was a forth grade of elementary school. I went to YMCA and GEOS to learn. Teachers taught us to easy words, English songs and conversation by using easy textbooks, playing games and singing songs. It was very fun for me to learn English with playing. Then I learned a little difficult grammar at GEOS, too. When I entered junior high school, I learned grammar, conversation, words, listening and idioms by using textbooks and American songs in earnest. And then ALT class started. We communicated with ALT teacher in this class so I could speak English. I practiced how to pronounce, too.


When I was a high school student, I studied English very hard. I learned with many difficult textbooks. There were many difficult words and idioms so I could not understand and memorize them but I wrote them again and again. I memorized words, idioms and grammar by writing many times. When entered high school, English was more difficult than I have expected. I took English class three or four times a day, when I was a third grade so I could know many English words, idioms and grammar. I studied examination of English, too. I asked ALT teacher to teach me about interviews during lunch time. And as I was a first grade at university, I studied writing, speaking, grammar, listening and reading by using computer and textbooks. These learning ways were differ from before. I learned German, too!!


Now I learn writing, reading, speaking and listening now. These classes are more difficult than first grade. In reading class, we use English newspapers and then we learn how to read headlines. It is new because I did not read English newspapers until now and interesting!! In writing class, we use computer and write essays and book reviews and so on. I can type English sentences early. In speaking class, we do presentation, interview and dictation.


Except these regular classes, I study TOEIC, examination of English and English sightseeing by myself. When there are many words or idioms, I can not understand. I examine then and write until I can memorize. Then when I watch DVDs and movies, I watch them with caption. I think watching them with caption is good way to study English conversation!!

I will continue study English from now on because there are many opportunities that we communicate with foreign people and I want to get a job is related to English. For example hotel or travel. So I need English!! But after graduate from university, I won’t take a class so there are no opportunities to learn English. However I will study English by reading English newspaper, watching internet and DVDs and going to English conversation school.


In these ways, I studied English or will continue study it. In the past, I learned from basic words, grammar and conversation to developed English. And now I learning specialty English. Then I think I want to study English conversation in the future!!
(653words)

26 件のコメント:

Yuriboooh さんのコメント...

I think it looks enjoy to learn English at YMCA and GEOS. Do you want to go abroad in the future?

yumi さんのコメント...

Hi!!
I learned English at GEOS too.
I think that you could write more information what is your best how to study.
Didn't you have ALT's class at elementary school??
I have a class of ALT in the elementary school.

aya さんのコメント...

Hi, Masumi. I took TOEIC test sometimes, too. What kind of DVDs, d you watch?

Yusuke さんのコメント...

Heloo!
I think your essay is very recognizing, so it is very easy to understand. I hope you keep going studying English!

sayaka さんのコメント...

Hi! Masumi.
Please tell me about the name of the English song!

Takako さんのコメント...

Why did you start learning English when you were 4th grader in Elementary school? I wanna know!

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hi, masumi!! I'm Hikari!
I thought you studied English hard when you were a high school student. If you could speak English fluently, where do you want to go?

hanae さんのコメント...

Your essay is really interesting!

Do you learn about English conversation now?

chisako さんのコメント...

Hi!! I'm Chisako.

I want to study English conversation in the future too!!
What job do you want to?

匿名 さんのコメント...

I am also studying English at GEOS!! It is very interesting, isn't it? Do our best together!!

Yukari さんのコメント...

Hi, Masumi!! How are you!?
Which do you like better, YMCA or GEOS!?

匿名 さんのコメント...

Hello, Masumi!^^
If you could speak English well, would you want to go abroad?

saki さんのコメント...

I also learned at YMCA when I was elementary school student. How many times did you go there in a week?

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, Yuriboooh!!
I want to go abroad and want to go Canada!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Hi!!!Yumi!!
Thank you for your comment.
I had ALT class when I was a elementary school student probably!! But I did not remember(>_<)

masumi さんのコメント...

Hi!! Aya. Thank you for your comment!!
I like American comedy drama the best and I often rent "Ugly Betty".

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, Yusuke!!
I am happy because you praised my essay. And I will continue study English!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, sayaka!!
I sang many English songs but I like "Top of the world" which was sung by carpenters!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, takako!!
why I started to learn English is because I was tempted by my friend and I thought English is happy.

masumi さんのコメント...

Hi!! Hikari!! Thank you for your comment. If I could speak English fluently, I want to go Canada and do homestyay.

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, hanae!!
I went to English conversation school before but I do not learn it now.

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, chisako!!
I don't decide my future job but want to get a job related to hotel or travel!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, tomo!!
I think GEOS is interesting, too.

masumi さんのコメント...

Hi!! Yukari!!
Thank you for your comment.
I like YMCA the best because I learned English with many items there!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, Kyoko!!
I want to go abroad and go Canada, if I could speak English well!!

masumi さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, saki!!
YMCA is good place to learn English(>U<)and I went there two times a week!!